Saturday, February 13, 2010

Watch it - Stay Tuned.






This was a little story I shot called Watch IT/ Stay Tuned with Natty Prep. My take on The Power of the Little Electric Box. In my dad's house 1980's. Young photographer Posey.


















It's important that I talk about this man. U.C Berkeley Grad Student with a message of true self empowerment. A modern day mix of Booker T/ Malcolm X and Bobby Seal but a preppy version, that's why we called him Natty Prep. Well educated with a true understanding and relationship with young Cali brothers. Always had a smile and a big laugh that would make you believe. He had a way of letting you know that knowledge is King. Find something you love and study, study, study it! In my early years of becoming a photographer when it was assignment time that required research and reading, Natty prep had a way of getting me involved in my studies. Before I knew it, I had read 4 or 5 more chapters beyond the lesson. Totally pumped. He would just laugh and so would I. As many of our leaders had left us to early, the same goes with Charles BKA Natty Prep. The wonderful part is that I got a chance to know him as he lived with us for 6 months. We talked many nights, I watched his dedication to young brothers and received it myself. He gave truth, a sense of freedom, laughter and joy every time he would see you. He truly influenced me. A Natty Prep quote "yea yea yea yea yea yea yea yea sound like a machine gun don't it". If you know him you are laughing right now.




1 comment:

contact me

carl posey website

copyright

© 2010 - 2015 Carl Posey. All images and content of this website are the copyright of photographer Carl Posey. No parts of this website shall be reproduced or copied without written permission from the photographer. You may only use images for the purpose of reporting about Carl Posey's work and not without linking back to this website and displaying the photographers credit next to the image.

cp social

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket