Monday, December 7, 2009







This was my first 2002. (1971 BMW) I paid $800.00. The guy wanted 1K, but it had rust, I wanted it so it was a win win situation! The car was from Switzerland and had the Zürich plates in the trunk, I really loved that... Euro 2002 Bimmer. White, rusty and needed hella work, but Carl was ready. High school kid with a vision and little dollars to spend. Tic Toc Tic Toc








I got this 2002 to a good place, not mint but a looker and runner. BMW at this time was strong with the M series and Mercedes with AMG, I loved it. I was also starting to find my way as a photographer. Photo Major @ The Academy of Art. I have to thank my high school girl friend for being kind and posing next to my car. A boy and his car and his girl friend!





 photo BMW_Christie_Euro8Cpost.jpg



I could not decide which collage design I liked better. The second one is more like pop art, the Swiss plate looks good.






 photo BMWColoradoOrange_post1.jpg


This was my next venture in 2002. Everybody gave me drama when I got the first one. White and rusty! Now I go and buy a orange BMW. Family and friends are like: Here he goes again. Yes orange, I had a plan for this color, more classic than the red car but a runner as well, BUT, photography became my new love, the car got pushed to the side for New York City.







Here in 2010 the 2002 is still an amazing automobile! When new in 1973 they sold for $4,500 off the showroom floor. Now they can go for $24,000 used good/excellent condition. I am back to looking at getting a car again and the 2002 is feeling good. Or I go Prius.

4 comments:

  1. Hey great post! I love the collages and the orange car card - Well done! A Prius would be a nice contemporary car for you, although I would like to see you drive another 2002 in your life time... maybe get both, a car for everyday and one for fun rides :) I will keep checking your posts and hopefully soon see what car you gonna be driving...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please get the Pumpkin again. Please.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post Carl and love your writing style! Who knew with you always behind the lense. Keep it up fun stuff.

    xoxo
    April

    ReplyDelete

contact me

carl posey website

copyright

© 2010 - 2015 Carl Posey. All images and content of this website are the copyright of photographer Carl Posey. No parts of this website shall be reproduced or copied without written permission from the photographer. You may only use images for the purpose of reporting about Carl Posey's work and not without linking back to this website and displaying the photographers credit next to the image.

cp social

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket